Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rescue Me!

I think for now on before I write about my topic of the moment, I'm going to recommend something for you guys to check out, whether it's a movie, article, song, or whatever, just to show what I'm into at the moment.

Here's a really interesting article I read in today's L.A. times about the world's need for superheroes (in movies) because of our saddened world state. The article states that superheroes were huge in World War II and Vietnam because people needed heroes during the troubled times. Now in our times, when there's more than just war to worry about, we need Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, and Iron Man all at once. More so, he goes on to compare this notion to Barack Obama and John McCain. Pretty insightful shit.

Superheroes in our time of need

No comments: